Interested in being part of the team? Good choice! The following positions are currently available within TLM.
Digital Media Internship
Texas Lifestyle Magazine (TLM) is looking for enthusiastic and committed students who are interested in learning more about working in a lifestyle magazine environment. TLM interns designate their weekly office hours and commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week for 6 months(ideally, but can accommodate for 4-month semester). You’ll have the opportunity to be mentored by publishers and editors. The internship is unpaid, however, you may have the opportunity to earn college credit through your university. The digital media intern will execute the content strategy for TLM which primarily includes developing and posting content for TLM social media channels; Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Intern will also maintain and develop social media editorial content calendar and organize a monthly Zoom brainstorm call with the editorial team.
- Self-starter with initiative and creativity
- Understanding of social media applications: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and SmarterQue
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient social media writing skills
- Independently manage workflow
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Social media research projects as needed
- Social media content generation per content strategy
- Weekly content review meeting (Phone/Zoom)
- Monitor and engage followers across all TLM social media platforms
- Promote dates/events from social media content calendar
- Post social media shout outs for advertisers/products
- Analyze and report on social and website analytics
- Organize monthly Zoom brainstorm call with the editorial team
- GoogleApps for Business (gmail/Google docs/sheets)
- Mac or PC basic skills
- WordPress(preferred, but not required)
- SmarterQueue & Plano.ly
- Google Analytics
- Learn and develop skills from the TLM team remotely.
- Manage your time and assist with projects when it is convenient for your schedule.
- Opportunity to shadow experienced professionals.
- May be able to receive college credit for the internship.
If interested in the internship, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.