Interested in being part of the team? Good choice! The following positions are currently available within TLM.
Texas Lifestyle Magazine is hiring an account manager to manage and grow customer accounts for print and digital advertising. If interested, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Lifestyle Magazine (TLM) is looking for a driven professional looking to assist with writing, producing, and executing certain projects within the Art section of the magazine and website/social media, and to maintain a role in the community and boost the presence of the brand. Applicants should have an interest in local, state-wide and nationally known artists. A strong work ethic is required, and a well-developed perspective is encouraged. This is an excellent opportunity to develop reporting skills and build a portfolio.
- Assist with conceiving and pitching stories
- Support Online Editor in executing and producing assigned stories
- Track down, interview, and establish a trusted rapport with sources
- Convey a willingness to ask tough questions and break down concepts for general readers
- Write multiple pieces and produce magazine-ready copy within established deadlines
- Represent the brand within the artistic community by attending events on behalf of TLM
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong working knowledge of AP style
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
If you have the skills and the drive, send your resume to email@example.com and indicate “Art Writer” in the subject field. We will contact you directly if we are interested in learning more. We look forward to hearing from you
Digital Media Internship
Texas Lifestyle Magazine (TLM) is looking for enthusiastic and committed students who are interested in learning more about working in a lifestyle magazine environment. TLM offers Spring, Summer and Fall internships. Interns play a vital role in the production of our digital publication, and they will have the opportunity to gain hands-on training and experience in the lifestyle magazine environment.
TLM works with student interns to maintain weekly office hours and commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week (apx. three hours per day, Monday through Friday). Interns have the opportunity to be mentored by publishers and editors while building a well-rounded skill set and a network of industry professionals. Students may have the opportunity to earn college credit through their respective university. The digital media intern will help execute the digital content strategy for TLM including developing and posting content for TLM social media channels.
- Researching, interviewing, writing and fact checking content
- Gathering images
- Pitching ideas
- Generating digital content for social media
- Assisting in maintaining and updating our website
- Other duties as needed
Flexible hours to accommodate school schedules
- Shadowing experienced professionals
- Skill set development
- Networking with industry professionals in various industries
- You may be able to receive college credit for the internship
If interested in the internship, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.