San Antonio’s River City Rockfest is known for bringing in the biggest rock bands, and this year is no exception. Industry rock legends Nine Inch Nails will be the headliner Sept. 22 of what many believe to be the best Rockfest lineup yet.
Here are five reasons why you should buy your Rockfest tickets today.
1. Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Primus and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Joan Jett and the Blackhearts round out a stacked lineup. (Did we mention Nine Inch Nails?)
2. Rockfest is your chance to check out local and Texas bands, including San Antonio’s own Upon a Burning Body and Blacktop Mojo from Palestine, Texas. With over 20 bands playing on three stages, planning out your day will be key. Take some time before the festival to familiarize yourself with the bands you don’t know. You may just find new favorite.
3. Use breaks from the music to check out the vendors plus the activities going on throughout the day. Alamo Eats, Slackers Bar, Tito’s and yes even Kona Ice will be on site.
4. Stop by the Marine Corps indoor marksmanship simulator and earn prizes with the Chin-up Challenge!
5. Too excited to sleep? Then join Yelawolf and Cowboy’s Alamo City Harley-Davidson for the first annual River City Rockfest Charity Ride, benefitting Soldier’s Angels. Registration at 9am, ride at 11am.
Cover: Nine Inch Nails. Courtesy photo