Like high-waisted jeans and sweater vests, travel agents are back from the past.
Surprisingly, this trend is being driven by millennials. The first digital native generation understands that the internet does not always deliver the best outcome for booked travel, and they often crave the more immersive and authentic travel experiences that travel advisors can deliver.
If you know exactly where you want to stay and booking the trip is just a few clicks away, it makes sense to book it yourself. It’s complexity that drives value. Examples of opportunities to engage a travel professional are:
- Groups of families or friends with different needs or timing.
- Road trips, multi-destination or theme parks with many moving pieces.
- International trips where destination knowledge and support for transport/excursions can both reduce stress and help make the trip much more enjoyable.
- Ski trips – for support with gear rental, lift tickets, lessons and more.
- Milestone celebrations or any trip that benefits from special amenities, coordination and polish
- All luxury travel. Travel professionals have access to amenities not available to the public, as well as partners who can deliver private, incredible experiences on site.
- Time constraints. If your plate is full with other obligations, a travel professional can work to understand your vision, and go off and work the details.
The pandemic only increased the value of travel advisors as they understand and help navigate the ever changing travel restrictions and requirements. They can also bring in insurance and ‘trip-stacking’ options to help ensure some sort of vacation will ultimately happen.
Kirsten Billhardt launched Rosedale Travel out of a passion for travel. She and her husband have been traveling with their three boys since the first was born. They’ve road-tripped to California, skiied in France, and visited national parks and theme parks large and small. They’ve traveled on a budget and enjoyed upscale amenities. Billhardt has also planned and booked many friend getaways and has firsthand experience of balancing different needs and expectations for a trip.
Driving all of this is the belief that travel builds deeper connections within a family or between friends. This time together is a break from the everyday life, and a chance to have different conversations, learn new things together, and often be outside and active. She also believes in the Anthony Bourdain quote, “Travel is not a reward for working, it’s education for living.”
Please reach out at rosedaletravel.com to learn more or get started with travel in 2022.
Cover photo courtesy edb3_16
This article is a sponsored collaboration with Rosedale Travel